Founded in 1962, our Church has supported a well respected, non-denominational, Pre-K education program for ages 3-5 which serves the greater New Haven and Yale communities. It is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is funded in part by the Connecticut School Readiness Program
At the United Community Nursery School, you will find:
- A CARING COMMUNITY where children, teachers and families are loved, valued, nurtured, supported, and guided to gain and build confidence, self-esteem, empathy, and meaningful relationships.
- A LEARNING COMMUNITY where children can create, wonder, explore, question, discover, imagine, and play while acquiring skills in all developmental areas, preparing them for kindergarten and beyond.
- A DIVERSE COMMUNITY where children, teachers and families from many cultures, races, religions, backgrounds, incomes and abilities learn, work, and grow together throughout the year.
- AN INVITING & EXCITING COMMUNITY with classrooms that feature experienced, talented teachers and a wealth of engaging materials and experiences, a gym room, and large naturalistic playground, in a neighborhood rich with cultural opportunities.
- AN AFFORDABLE AND CONVENIENT COMMUNITY offering a Part Day and a Full Day program for 3 – 5 year old children, with state School Readiness funding to help pay tuition for all New Haven resident families, and located downtown near the Green in the heart of the city and Yale University.
Please contact us to learn more and to arrange a visit: call 203 782-0141 x1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently accepting applications for September, 2019.