The United Community Nursery School will remain closed until the current Corvid-19 pandemic has subsided. Stay tuned for news about when it will reopen. We are currently accepting applications for the September 2020 – June 2021 school year.
- As in the past 23 years, we expect that most New Haven families in our Full Day Preschool classroom for 3-5 year olds which is partially funded by the state School Readiness Program. The tuitions are determined by the state’s official salary scale, based on income and the number of people in your family. The savings for families over the actual cost of this quality care is substantial.
- We also offer financial aid assistance for families that do not live in the city of New Haven.
- We are very excited to announce a new full-day program this Fall for 2 Year Old Children. This program will be small with just 8 children. So space is limited.
We would love to discuss with you our plans for next Fall. Please contact our School Director, Betty Baisden for more information at 203 782-0141 x1, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like an application for our school programs please CLICK HERE.
Please help us spread the word about the United Community Nursery School to your friends and neighbors to let them know that UCNS provides:
- A CARING COMMUNITY where children, teachers and families are loved, valued, nurtured, supported, and guided to gain and build confidence, self-esteem, empathy, and meaningful relationships.
- A LEARNING COMMUNITY where children can create, wonder, explore, question, discover, imagine, and play while acquiring skills in all developmental areas, preparing them for kindergarten and beyond.
- A DIVERSE COMMUNITY where children, teachers and families from many cultures, races, religions, backgrounds, incomes and abilities learn, work, and grow together throughout the year.
- An INVITING & EXCITING COMMUNITY with classrooms that feature experienced, talented teachers and a wealth of engaging materials and experiences, a gym room, and large naturalistic playground, in a neighborhood rich with cultural opportunities.
- An AFFORDABLE AND CONVENIENT COMMUNITY for 2-5 year olds in full day programs. There is state funding through the School Readiness Program to help pay tuition for the 3-4 year old program for New Haven resident families. Our School is conveniently located downtown near the Green in the heart of the city and the Yale University Campus.