Announcing our new Interim Minister!
It is our great joy to announce that Reverend Kevin Ewing will be our new interim minister at United Church on the Green. We have had a long-established relationship with Rev Kev and are so excited that he has taken the call to serve at our church. Send him warm wished when you see him around!
The Easter Flowers Are Back!
March 20th to April 13th
Dedicate Easter Flowers in memory or in honor of loved ones to decorate the Meeting House during Easter Services.
Dedication Language must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday April 13th, 2022. Please include: your name, your loved ones name(s), and please specify whether the dedication is In memory of (deceased) or In honor of (living) your loved one.
Dedications are free this year. But if you would like to make a donation to sponsor the flowers, on our donate page, and click on “Gifts in Memoriam” or send your check to: “United Church on the Green” 323 Temple Street, New Haven CT 06511. Put “Easter Flowers” in the Note Field.
Plants provided by flowersfromthefarm.org
Sharing our Gifts for a New Beginning
We have received many pledges from many in our congregation. Thanks to those who are supporting our Church. We celebrate especially the two households who have pledged for the first time this year and the thirteen households who have increased their pledges over last year. We are so grateful to everyone who has pledged so far. We are still hoping for 100% participation. Whether you can give a little or a lot, your gift matters tremendously, because it is an expression of solidarity and support for our congregation and for the ministries we undertake together. If you haven't yet had a chance to make your commitment to support United's year of new beginning, please do so at www.unitednewhaven.org/pledge. Thank you!
We will meet again at 10:0AM on Zoom:
- March 24, April 7, April 21, May 5, May 19, June 2, June 16, and June 30
If you need a chat-fix, just phone or email me or any other crafter. As you know, there is always tea for coffee to be sipped and stories to share. Please email Jean Blue email@example.com for a link to join our Zoom conversation.
UCG Book Club
UCG Book Club is back with Searching for Sunday by the late Rachel Held Evans. Come to the Parish House after church on May 1st and May 15th, (11:30-12:30) leaving from Coffee Hour, and talk about your thoughts on the book and faith. Look for Miranda Bailey-Russomano and Jon Blue!
Click Here for a message from our Moderator, Al Forino regarding recent changes to our policies for worship which have been made in response to the on-going pandemic conditions.
- Hybrid worship services, accessible both in person and remotely via our YouTube livestream, are held at 10:00 am each Sunday.
- The services will be followed by an on-line Zoom coffee-hour as well as an in-person coffee hour outside while the Bradley Room is being repaired.
- For in person attendees, masks are optional while in the building. We ask that attendees be conscious of folks around them who are masking up and continue to maintain social distancing.
- If you are more comfortable attending remotely, you may access our weekly bulletin, join our YouTube livestream and attend our Zoom coffee hour, found on our Worship page.